- Active participation of more than two lakh energy champions
- More than 2.5 lakh energy ambassadors created in the past decade
- Saved 20,000 tonnes of CO2
Club Enerji, the nation-wide movement of Tata Power, has been relentlessly working with students from various schools across the nation to spread awareness around energy and natural resources preservation and conservation. Over the last 10 years, Tata Power’s Club Enerji has grown from a pilot project to a national level student’s movement to save energy and preserve our environment. In the process of working with students to achieve its goal through the first of its kind Student-Corporate partnership for social change, Club Enerji has won many national and international accolades, but more importantly it has worked its way into the hearts of millions of students who enthusiastically participate in its unique environment conservation initiatives.
The Club Enerji programme has reached out to over 500 schools in India and has sensitised over 15 million citizens, who in turn have helped save more than 21 MU of electricity till date. The club also has around 1500 self-sustaining mini Club Enerjis.
Club Enerji has now spread its wings to reach out to international locations through the launch of the Club Enerji online module available on its website. The path setting work by Club Enerji in the field of resource and energy conservation has not gone unnoticed with the company winning several awards like ABCI Awards 2017 for the Club Enerji Disaster Management module, and Asia Pacific Enterprise Leadership Awards (APELA), Singapore to name a few. The commendable work being undertaken by the club was also showcased at a prestigious, global platform at TEDx IIM Ahmedabad event.
Speaking on the various awards presented to Club Enerji over the years, Mr. Anil Sardana, MD and CEO, Tata Power, said, “While it feels good to be appreciated as an organization, the credit goes to each and every student that is part of our Club Enerji family. It is these enthusiastic children that make Club Enerji a special programme. We will continue to work with these champions of change to give the future generations a better world by educating people about best environment practices from resource management to preservation, as well as energy conservation.”
Some of the most renowned awards and recognitions of Club Enerji are:
- Club Enerji Disaster Management module was presented with the Bronze Award for its Multimedia CD-ROM Based Presentation at Association of Business Communicators of India (ABCI) Awards 2017.
- The Club Enerji movement was showcased at a prestigious, global platform at a TEDx IIM Ahmedabad event on the topic: “Driving Conservation Through Shaping the Future Generation", under 'Renaissance 2.0: Inspiring a better tomorrow'.
- A case study, done by IIM Ahmedabad, on the Club Enerji initiative titled, 'Club Enerji: The Case Study of Tata Power’s initiative to promote Energy Conservation among School Children' has been selected for publication at the 'International Conference on the Natural/Applied Sciences, Environmental Engineering and Clean Energy Technologies for Sustainable Development” (SYNERGY-2016).
- Club Enerji’s Civic & Moral Values won the Bronze in the Booklet Category at the Association of Business Communicators of India (ABCI) Awards in 2016.
- Club Enerji won Gold in the Digital Communication Category - Multimedia CD Rom Interactive Presentation at the Association of Business Communicators of India (ABCI) Awards in 2015.
- Club Enerji Resource Conservation module won in the Digital Communication Category at the Association of Business Communicators of India (ABCI) Awards in 2014.
- Club Enerji Programme has also been recognized as a Best Practice in the Learning Mission Convention held by the Tata Group in 2014.
- IIM-Ahmedabad and NFSCR have done case studies on Club Enerji programme, in 2014.
- Club Enerji had been shortlisted as BEST PRAX (best practice) for presentation at International forum in Auckland in December 2012.
- Asia Pacific Enterprise Leadership Awards (APELA), Singapore, has conferred ‘APELA 2012' Eco Advocate Award' to Club Enerji.
- Club Enerji has been recognized in the “2012 International Business Awards” with Gold Stevie Award for being the best Marketing Campaign of the Year 2012 – Energy category.
- Club Enerji' has been bestowed the Asian Leadership Award for 'Environment Leadership and Best Corporate Social Responsibility Practice', 2011.
- 'Best Marketing Campaign of the Year' Award by CMO Asia Awards 2011 at Singapore.
- Bestowed the 'Most Innovative Campaign' award at USA’s The Energy Daily's 2010 Leadership Awards.
About Tata Power Club Enerji:
Tata Power started its school outreach programme, "Tata Power Energy Club" in 2007. In 2009, Club Enerji took its next big leap, with the programme turning into a national movement, covering more than 500 schools across Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Belgaum, Jamshedpur and Lonavla and further attained a new milestone of achieving over one million citizens sensitisation and more than one million units energy savings. School children, from Class III to Class IX, are taught the importance of conserving energy through innovative modules which include audiovisuals and power point presentations. Children are imparted energy saving and resource conservation tips during these sessions, usage of which have shown dramatic savings. Club Enerji reached out to more than 15.81 million, collectively saved 20.89 million units of electricity and is present in 11 cities across 250 schools in India.
About Tata Power:
Tata Power is India’s largest integrated power company with a growing international presence. The Company together with its subsidiaries and jointly controlled entities has an installed gross generation capacity of 10699 MW and a presence in all the segments of the power sector viz. Fuel Security and Logistics, Generation (thermal, hydro, solar and wind), Transmission, Distribution and Trading. It has successful public-private partnerships in Generation, Transmission and Distribution in India namely “Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited" with Delhi Government for distribution in North Delhi, 'Powerlinks Transmission Ltd.' with Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. for evacuation of Power from Tala hydro plant in Bhutan to Delhi and 'Maithon Power Ltd.' with Damodar Valley Corporation for a 1050 MW Mega Power Project at Jharkhand. Tata Power is serving more than 2.6 million distribution consumers in India and has developed the country’s first 4000 MW Ultra Mega Power Project at Mundra (Gujarat) based on super-critical technology. It is also one of the largest renewable energy players in India with a clean energy portfolio of 3310 MW. Its international presence includes strategic investments in Indonesia through a 30% stake in the leading coal company PT Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC), 26% stake in mines at PT Baramulti Suksessarana Tbk ("BSSR"); in Singapore through Trust Energy Resources to securitize coal supply and the shipping of coal for its thermal power generation operations; in South Africa through a joint venture called ‘Cennergi’ to develop projects in sub-Sahara Africa; in Zambia through 50:50 joint venture with ZESCO for 120 MW Hydro which has become operational in 2016; in Georgia through AGL which is a joint venture with Clean Energy, Norway & IFC for development of 187 MW hydro project and in Bhutan through a hydro project in partnership with The Royal Government of Bhutan. With its track record of technology leadership, project execution excellence, world class safety processes, customer care and driving green initiatives, Tata Power is poised for a multi-fold growth and committed to 'lighting up lives' for generations to come”. Visit us at: www.tatapower.com