Tata Power's nationwide energy and resource conservation movement, Club Enerji, has relentlessly been working towards spreading the message of energy conservation across the country. In line with this commitment, Club Enerji today organised its 'Annual Principals' & Mentors' Meet' in Mumbai, and felicitated the best performing schools of the year for successfully conducting various Club Enerji Programmes.
The Annual Principals' & Mentors' Meet aims to connect with the principals and energy mentors and provide them with an overview of the activities of the past year, as well as with insights into the activities planned for the upcoming year. It is also a platform where the school authorities share their feedback, ideas and suggestions which helps the Club to improve and grow. This year's edition of the meet saw the best performers of the previous year being recognised and felicitated as a part of the mandate. Mr Anil Sardana, CEO & MD, Tata Power, Mr. Ashok Sethi, COO and Executive Director, Tata Power, Mr Ramesh Subramanyam, CFO, Tata Power, and Mr Avilash Dwivedi, Head-Community Relations, Tata Power, also graced the Meet as the Guests of Honour.
Congratulating the winners, Mr. Anil Sardana, CEO & MD, stated, “Spearheaded by dedicated students, with support from mentors, Club Enerji has come a long way ever since its inception. We are delighted and extremely proud to announce D A V Public School, Thane; Patuck Technical English High School, Santacruz; Christ Church School (ICSE), Byculla; and CES Michael High School, Kurla west; as the Best Performers of the Club Enerji Programme for this year. The enthusiasm, involvement and dedication of the school students to spread the message of energy conservation is remarkable and has contributed towards making this a national movement. We are proud of the achievement of these youngsters and we take this opportunity to thank the principals and teachers of the school in extending their support for this initiative."
Expressing his delight, Mr. Ashok Sethi, COO and Executive Director, said, “Tata Power is conscious of its environment, and has adopted a number of initiatives to help build a better, greener future. Club Enerji is a fine case in point on how committed Tata Power is to that commitment. I would like to extend my hearty congratulations to the winners, and appreciation to all participating schools, and mentors, for their support and dedication to the initiative.”
Mr Ramesh Subramanyam, Chief Financial Officer, reiterated, “Our national resources are fast depleting, and the whole nation needs to awaken to this fact and work towards conservation of resources. The best way to do this is by imbibing this as a value from a young age in the future generations of this country. We would like to thank all teachers for helping Club Enerji in achieving this aim of national resource conservation”.
Mr Avilash Dwivedi, Head-Community Relations, lauded the efforts made by teachers in bringing about a change in the hearts and minds of the students, and said, “It is through teachers that students learn the most values and the involvement of teachers in a child’s development is very crucial. It is with this thought that we meet with Principals and Mentors every year, to help understand the best way to reach out to students and imbibe in them values of conservation, of resources as well as civic & moral values”.
The Club Enerji initiative has been contributing extensively towards a brighter and greener tomorrow by undertaking several successful initiatives. The savings of 14.2 MUs of electricity is equivalent to saving 14,200 tonnes of CO2 and is enough to light up over 6,943 houses for a year. The initiative has further sensitised approximately 9.3 million citizens cross 11 locations in Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Pune, Bangalore, Lonavala, Maithon, Belgaum, Jamshedpur and Ranchi. Today, Club Enerji has become a holistic movement to save energy and natural resources. It has reached out to over 480 schools in India with a total of 1,59,103 Energy Champions, and 2,04,719 Energy Ambassadors.
The awardees of the year are as follows:
Best School of the Year:
- D A V Public School, Thane
- Patuck Technical English High School, Santacruz
- Christ Church School (ICSE), Byculla
- CES Michael High School, Kurla west
Best Mini Club
- Patuck Technical English High School
- Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan High School, Malad
- Vidyadhiraja High School, Bhandup
- Lokpuram Public School, Thane
- Lokmanya Tilak Eng. High School, Mulund
- Nalanda Public School, Mulund
- Gundecha High School, Kandivli east
- Ryan Christian School, Borivali west
- Fr. Agnelo High School, Malad west
- Oxford International School, Kandivli east
- Mr. Ajit Kaur: St. Xaviers High School, Borivali East
- Mrs. Bhamini Anchal: Yashodham High School & Jr. College, Goregaon
- Mrs Amrita Poddar: D A V Public School, Thane
- Mrs. Manjiri Tumbalik: Shree Saraswati Vidyamandir, Bhjandup
- Mrs. Maya John: Gopal Sharma School (ICSE)
- Mrs. Vrinda Vaidya: Pawar Public School, Chandivali
- Ms. Doris Rawal: St. Lawrence School, Borivali west
- Mrs. Radhika Padmanabhan: Pawar Public School, Bhandup
- Ms. Rupa Lobo: St. Lawrence High School, Kandivli east
- S. Rajee Jivan Seshaan: M K V V High School, Borivali west
Best Energy Champions:
- Disha Saha Roy: Cannosa High School, VII- A
- Soham Manjrekar: D.J.Doshi, Gurukul High School, VII- A
- Dhruv Pingle: Pawar Public School, Bhandup, V - E
- Nandini Vishwakarma: Vidya Prabodhini Eng. School, Mulund, V
- Saniya Khan: St. Xaviers High School, Goregaon, VI- F
- Shreya Ghosh: Sri Ma Vidyalaya, Thane, VIII- B
- Bhavesh Bavdhane: Pioneer High School, Kandivali, VII- C
- Kaustubh Chachad: Cambridge High School, Kandivli, VIII- A
- Vrushtee Maniar: Childrens Academy (ICSE), Bachhani Ngr, Malad, VI- C
- Tulsi Hegde: V P M High School, (Kannada med.), Mulund E., VI
- Sofiya Shah: Rizvi Springfield School (CBSE)
- Amar Pawar: Lokpuram Public School, Thane, VII- C
- Gautami Gokhale: M.L. Jasudben High School, Khar, V- B
- Harsh Ahir: Antonia D'Silva High School, Dadar, V- D
- Mrs. Sunita Sharma
- Mrs Veena Bakhshi
Mr Anil Sardana felicitating the best schools
Annual Principals’ and Mentors’ Meet 2015
About Tata Power Club Enerji:
Tata Power started its school outreach programme, "Tata Power Energy Club" in 2007. In 2009, Club Enerji took its next big leap, with the programme turning into a national movement, covering more than 400 schools across Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Belgaum, Jamshedpur and Lonavala and further attained a new milestone of achieving over one million citizens sensitisation and more than one million units energy savings. School children, from Class III to Class IX, are taught the importance of conserving energy through innovative modules which include audio-visuals and power point presentations. Children are imparted energy saving and resource conservation tips during these sessions, usage of which have shown dramatic savings. Club Enerji reached out to more than 9.3 million people, collectively saved 14.2 million units of electricity and is present in 11 cities across 480 schools in India.
About Tata Power:
Tata Power is India’s largest integrated power company with a growing international presence. The Company together with its subsidiaries and jointly controlled entities has an installed gross generation capacity of  MW and a presence in all the segments of the power sector viz. Fuel Security and Logistics, Generation (thermal, hydro, solar and wind), Transmission, Distribution and Trading. It has successful public-private partnerships in Generation, Transmission and Distribution in India namely “Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited" with Delhi Vidyut Board for distribution in North Delhi, 'Powerlinks Transmission Ltd.' with Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. for evacuation of Power from Tala hydro plant in Bhutan to Delhi and 'Maithon Power Ltd.' with Damodar Valley Corporation for a 1050 MW Mega Power Project at Jharkhand. Tata Power has developed the country’s first 4000 MW Ultra Mega Power Project at Mundra (Gujarat) based on super-critical technology. It is also one of the largest renewable energy players in India. Its international presence includes strategic investments in Indonesia through a 30% stake in the leading coal company PT Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC), 26% stake in mines at PT Baramulti Suksessarana Tbk ("BSSR") and a geothermal project; in Singapore through Trust Energy Resources to securitise coal supply and the shipping of coal for its thermal power generation operations; in South Africa through a joint venture called ‘Cennergi’ to develop projects in South Africa, Botswana and Namibia; in Australia through investments in enhanced geothermal and clean coal technologies and in Bhutan through a hydro project in partnership with The Royal Government of Bhutan. With its track record of technology leadership, project execution excellence, world class safety processes, customer care and driving green initiatives, Tata Power is poised for a multi-fold growth and committed to 'lighting up lives' for generations to come. Visit us at: www.tatapower.com